Tsp2013-07-29

From SPLRA
Jump to: navigation, search
The Smashing Pumpkins
Date 2013-07-29
Venue Cirkus
Location Stockholm, SE
Venue Type Arena
Capacity 1.650
Lineup Corgan, Schroeder, Byrne, Fiorentino
Order of Bands Beware of Darkness, The Smashing Pumpkins
Surfaced Recordings
AUD #1
Source AUD
Format WAV
Equipment AT943 > Battery Box > Olympus LS-10 (24/96)
Length 125m
Complete? Yes
Lowest Circulating Generation WAV-M > FLAC
Live Music Archive 24-bit download
AMT #1
Source VID
Format MP4
Equipment Unknown
Length 18m
Complete? No
Unsurfaced Recordings

Setlist


Set:

  • Quasar
  • Panopticon
  • Starz
    • Dazed and Confused [Led Zeppelin] (tease)
  • Rocket
  • Space Oddity [Bowie]
  • Disarm
  • Today
  • Tonite Reprise
    • Tonight, Tonight 
  • Pinwheels
  • Batman Theme [Hefti] (tease)
  • Oceania
  • If There Is a God
  • Thirty-three
  • Ava Adore
  • Bullet with Butterfly Wings
  • One Diamond, One Heart
  • Pale Horse
  • Zero
  • Stand Inside Your Love
  • United States

Encore:

  • The Celestials (acoustic)
  • Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

Notes

  • Cirkus, Cirkus Arena och Restaurang AB
  • Past concerts at Cirkus: SP 2000-01-07, 2007-08-12

Banter

Quasar
> Panopticon
Starz / Dazed and Confused
> Rocket
> Space Oddity
Disarm
Today
Tonite Reprise
> Tonight, Tonight
Pinwheels
BC: Thank you. Uh Jeff, I know you like Sweden.
Jeff: Love it.
BC: And uh, where was I going with this?
Jeff: Something about your having lunch with Mats Sundin?
BC: You wanna talk about the world champion Chicago Blackhawks? We went to a game. Which game was it? You don’t remember, you were so high, you don’t remember.
Jeff: Heh, I don’t even know.
BC: Now Jeff, there’s a lot of empty seats out there tonight. (some boos) Yes, I know, we feel that way too. But is this not the best crowd we’ve had so far on this tour?
Nicole: It is, it is.
Jeff: Amazing, amazing.
Nicole: Good energy, people.
BC: So we thank you because uh, as Buster Keaton once said, it’s not who’s in the building, it’s the empty seats that haunt you. Well...play the Batman song? If you give me a massage, I will play you the Batman song.
Nicole: A fair trade.
Batman Theme (tease - Jeff and Mike)
BC: We’ll go Batman, there’s the Batman song. Now I’ve been coming to - (interrupted by something unintelligible from crowd). You want the microphone, now you can talk, it’s okay.
Jeff: They don’t need it here, hahahahaha.
BC: Should I just give up the microphone?
(Jeff is cracking up and Nicole starts laughing)
BC: (off mic) That way we’re equal! Anyway. I’ve been coming to Sweden for 20 years. (on mic) Did you know that the very first time the Smashing Pumpkins came to Sweden was in 1992? And we had two shows. One in Stockholm and one in Lund, Sweden. And uh, we played the Stockholm show and we were supposed to drive to Lund - I don’t know, six hour drive, something like that - and they said, you know, you’ve only sold 50 tickets. And we said fuck that, we’re not going to Lund and we didn’t go. It’s true. And that’s - I think in my musical life, I’ve played about two thousand concerts and that’s one of only maybe six concerts I’ve ever canceled so six out of two thousand’s not too bad. Now, when we play a - when we play a concert like this - which is a little smaller than we’re used to - we come and we think, well, it’s gonna sell out but it doesn’t, right? And it’s a good thing I didn’t know because I might’ve said “fuck this gig too.” But you make me realize that it’s not good to do that and I want to say to you, I really appreciate you and I appreciate you being here with us, makes us feel really good.
Nicole: Thank you.
BC: Thank you. Now over here, we have Jeff.
Jeff: The chimer in.
BC: The zen master of the...six string nirvana. On the drums, Michael Byrne. And the bass guitar, Nicole Fiorentino.
Nicole: Hello.
BC: And of course my name as I was born into this world was William Patrick Corgan, not Billy Corgan as I’m commonly yelled at.
Guy in crowd: Introduce your bass player again!
BC: Nicole Fiorentino.
Nicole: That’s the first time that’s ever happened, that’s pretty cool.
BC: You should know though, she does not like men with beards. That counts you out. Should I continue or should we go back to the music, I’ll let you decide. Should I talk? Music? Okay.
Nicole: Music is dust.
BC: I won’t say all the nice things I was gonna say so....
Jeff: How you say squirrel?
Guy in crowd: 1979!
BC: Escarole? What’s that?
Guy in crowd: 1979 please!
BC: No. No. No. 1979, no. That’s a no.
Other guy in crowd: Porcelina!
BC: If you wanna shout out songs, I’ll tell you if we’re gonna play them if that’s how you want the concert to go, it’s okay by me. Cherub Rock, uh...maybe later, yeah. Maybe you’re not the best audience. Now see, Swedish people like to tell you what they think. They’re confident, they’re beautiful, they’re in shape, they live in this beautiful country. They tell you what they think because they’re not insecure. So in the - in the...in the spirit of Sweden, I’m gonna tell you what I think. And what I think is that rock and roll is a dirty, dumb business. Yes, I’ve been in this business for 25 years, it’s the stupidest business in the world. Not because the fans are stupid, not because the bands are stupid, but because the people who put those people together, generally speaking, are stupid. But we do have a responsibility and in a case like this, we have a responsibility to sell tickets. Now we have not sold the tickets that we should have sold so the problem with that is that the Smashing Pumpkins will probably never be invited back to Sweden, hmpf. Which for me is a problem because it’s a great country and a beautiful country and...we thank you but um, so I wanted to say, what I was trying to say is if I don’t come back, thank you and I appreciate you. And I hope I do come back and you never know. So, on that note, we go back to the music.
Oceania
If There is a God
Thirty-three
Ava Adore
> Bullet with Butterfly Wings
One Diamond, One Heart
Pale Horse
Zero
> Stand Inside Your Love
> United States
[encore break]
The Celestials (acoustic)
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

Photos & Memorabilia

Tsp2013-07-29 (1).jpg
Tsp2013-07-29-BC (2).jpg
Tsp2013-07-29-BC (1).jpg
Tsp2013-07-29-JS (1).jpg
Tsp2013-07-29-NFMB (1).jpg
Tsp2013-TourShirt-back (1).jpg